Share This Page
Does your home pass the test?
Buying a home is an exciting time but with any purchase, the buyer must be careful. Occasionally, what appears to be a dream home might actually turn into something of a nightmare. This is because of hidden defects that could potentially cost the buyer more money than they ever wanted to spend. Well let me introduce you to the Home Inspection. Before any purchase is complete, it's vital that you have a professional home inspector assess the home from top to bottom.
A Home Inspection will give both the buyer and seller a better understanding of the value and needs of the property. Also take into account that no home is going to be perfect and the presence of defects needn't terminate the transaction. It allows for further negotiation to be done on the home's purchase price and/or the cost of repairs.
Your JCL Realty Agent will be able to assist you with the following
- Supply you with all inspection reports
- Recommend a home inspection
- Ensure inspections are complete and properly documented
- Require a inspection clause is in your contract detailing the damages
- Be familiar with reliable inspectors and can confidently recommend a respectable one
A Home Inspection is comparable to getting your yearly health check-up but instead it details the condition of a home. If the home inspector discovers things that need attention then you are better equipped to make an informed decision. Think about all you gain from this simple step,
- Potentially save you thousands of dollars
- Ensure it's a sound investment
- The time saved depending on fixes required
This will more than likely be the largest financial investment you make in this life … handle it with care.
Different Types of Home Inspection's
The below list shows the most common home inspections currently available to potential home–buyers/sellers. Please make sure you discuss this with your JCL Realty Agent so you can better educate yourself on each inspection, and why it may be important for you.
- Lead Paint
- General Purpose
- Composition Board Siding
- Chinese Dry Wall
- Onsite Waste System Evaluation
- Private Well
- Pool and Hot Tub Inspection
- Synthetic Stucco Siding
- Underground Storage Tank